Cravings: A Zen-inspired memoir…
And what about Maslow and that “Aha” moment on a waterbed in a Mormon home in Pocatello, Idaho, where the author slept, or more aptly did not sleep, during a Greyhound bus journey stopover?
In Cravings: A Zen-inspired memoir about sensual pleasures, freedom from dark places, and living and eating with abandon, long-time journalist and life coach Wanda Hennig (see her US Amazon author page here) draws on her writing, psychology, life coaching and Zen background to create a fun, thought-provoking and enlightening read for both men and women.
Bonobos, a curious LSD miscreant, good eating, an eclectic Toastmasters group, hospice training, Zen meditation, depression, social phobia, orgasmic meditation, tears —and laughter—all come into play in this insightful gem of a memoir. Plus a number of creative, useful and playful mindfulness strategies.
An inveterate traveler and long-time travel writer (for some years now with a culinary travel focus), the author finds liberation strikes in unlikely places—if you’re open to it.
Many of the insights shared in this memoir-cum-self-help were gained while traveling and so we drop in on South Africa, San Francisco and Oakland, Poland, Paris (France), Pocatello (Idaho), Salt Lake City and elsewhere. But the book, first and foremost, is a sex-positive “original, fun, real, sensitive, smart” and entertaining inner journey.
Available in bookstores and online, in paperback and eBook.
Cravings by Wanda Hennig (2017 second edition) in paperback is available at Adams Bookstore, Musgrave Center, Durban.
Cravings by Wanda Hennig (2017 second edition) in paperback is also available at the KZNSA shop in Durban.
Here is the link to the 2017 edition of Cravings by Wanda Hennig (Say Yes Press) on Book Depository. (Free delivery to South Africa.)
- See Cravings by Wanda Hennig in paperback on Alibiris here.
- See Cravings by Wanda Hennig in paperback on UK Alibris here.
Cravings in Australia
- See Cravings for order—print version—in Australia from Readings here.
- See Cravings—print and eBook—in Australia from Booktopia here.
- See Cravings in paperback—at Angus & Robertson Bookworld here.
More author pages
- Visit Wanda’s Amazon France author page.
- Visit Wanda’s Amazon Germany author page.
- Visit Wanda’s Amazon Japan author page.
See Cravings A Zen-inspired memoir… on Kobo books.(eBook).
See Cravings by Wanda Hennig, the paperback, on Indigo (Canada) here.
Or look for Cravings by Wanda Hennig, 2017 eBook on Apple iTunes.
Bookstores and Libraries:
- Place international orders through IngramSpark.
- Place South African orders (online) through Durban-based BKPress; or e-mail email@example.com.
Cravings ISBN print book: 9780996820523
Cravings ISBN e-Book: 9780996820530